Director, People & Culture
Located in Edmonton|Posted on March 20, 2020
Be part of an organization that encourages good stewardship with service and advice from experts, modern banking technology and a comprehensive range of products. We are principled and benefit our members with low fees, great rates, and profit sharing. We support Christian organizations and provide resources to help make a difference in the world. At Christian Credit Union, we live our values in how we do business and how we treat our employees.
We are seeking a people-oriented individual with a proven track record of building trusted relationships and developing people to achieve results, who is looking to take their career further by adding a different sense of purpose and call to their work. As the ideal candidate, you may not necessarily be a Human Resources Professional, but you may have 10-15 years in the financial services industry with highly developed skills in change leadership, coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution and performance management. Your extensive background in managing people equips you to be effective in this Human Resources generalist role.
What are some key responsibilities?
As our Director People & Culture you will:
- Join our leadership team, acting as a strategic and tactical people business partner, providing counsel, developing roadmaps and executing on all people and culture related initiatives.
- Act as a champion for employee engagement; provide human resource and employee relation counsel; and support the ongoing work in the areas of learning & development, performance management and coaching.
- Partner with leaders to embrace and manage change, grow their teams, and foster the right culture to create a continuous learning environment.
- Oversee all aspects of Human Resources including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, training and development, policies & procedures, and benefits.
- Represent and actively promote the credit union within the community and credit union system.
What skills and attributes does a Director People & Culture need to have?
- Exemplary Christian character including a desire to promote biblical financial stewardship.
- Humble, Hungry and People Smart team player who strives to achieve success with the highest standards of performance while pursuing creative and practical solutions to the human resource issues and challenges faced by a growth-oriented company.
- Outstanding relationship building capability and a collaborative working style - being a strong team player with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong change leadership skills to help others thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment undergoing a digital transformation.
- Strong sense of confidentiality, professionalism, tact, and diplomacy.
- Adaptable, with the ability to be both hands-on and strategic.
- Post‐secondary education in a business or human resources discipline.
A competitive salary and benefits package, deposit and loan program and education programs are all reasons to consider Christian Credit Union for your career.
Closing Date: April 20, 2020 or until position is filled.
To indicate your interest in the position, please submit your resume to:
Christian Credit Union Ltd.
Attention: Carolyn Woudstra, Executive Assistant
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.