Personal Banking Advisor
Full-time|Located in Edmonton|Posted on June 21, 2019
Be part of an organization that encourages good stewardship with service and advice from experts, modern banking technology and a comprehensive range of products you need. We are principled and benefit our members with low fees, great rates, and profit sharing. We support Christian organizations and provide resources to help you make a difference in the world.
We are seeking a Personal Banking Advisor who is ready to take their career further by adding a different sense of purpose and call to their work. At Christian Credit Union, we live our values in how we do business and how we treat our employees.
What are some key responsibilities?
- Utilize your strong relationship building and portfolio management skills to develop long term relationships with our Members; delivering customized solutions and trusted advice grounded in biblical financial principles to help Members achieve their personal financial goals and find contentment with their finances.
- Apply your strong analytical and critical thinking skills to analyze financial information, assess risk, and structure credit and other financial solutions to meet regulatory, compliance and sound business practices requirements.
- Represent and actively promote the credit union at community events.
What skills and attributes does a Personal Banking Advisor need to have?
- Demonstrates exemplary Christian character including a desire to promote biblical financial stewardship.
- Possesses superior sales abilities (active listening, business opportunity spotting, influencing & negotiating, asking for the business) while having strong capabilities in financial analysis, critical thinking, and decision‐making.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely; demonstrating strong written communication skills and effective problem-solving skills.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision; managing multiple tasks effectively and efficiently while demonstrating sound judgement in prioritization of work activities to achieve results.
- Possesses a drive for excellence and continuous learning.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and demonstrates strong computer literacy.
- Post‐secondary education in a business discipline and/or industry accreditation is preferred.
- Over 5 years of banking experience with a focus in sales is preferred.
A competitive salary and benefits package, deposit and loan program and education programs are all reasons to consider Christian Credit Union for your career.
Closing Date: Until filled.
To indicate your interest in the position, please submit your resume to:
Christian Credit Union Ltd.
Attention: Joanne Drotar, Director People & Culture