What we do with our money reflects our priorities. For that reason, applying Christian principles to our spending and saving helps us in all aspects of life: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
The bible gives us 5 simple principles to govern our relationship with money. The closer we follow them, the more stable and fulfilled our lives become.
The 5 principles are:
- Set long-term goals -Phil. 3:14
- Give generously -2 Cor. 8:1-15, Acts 20:35
- Avoid the use of debt -Prov. 22:7
- Maintain an emergency fund -Prov. 6:6-8
- Spend less than you earn -Prov. 10:4, Heb. 13:5
Learn how Christian Credit Union encourages you to apply biblical principles to your financial decisions.