Christian Credit Union is a financial services organization that encourages biblical stewardship with service and advice from experts and a comprehensive range of financial services solutions. We are principled and benefit our members with low fees, great rates and profit sharing while supporting Christian organizations and providing resources to make a difference in the world.
We are seeking a financial services professional who is passionate about providing banking advice to business, churches and not-for-profit members in a faith-based organization! The Business Banking Advisor is responsible for relationship management, credit adjudication and business development of a portfolio of commercial and not-for-profit business members with complex banking needs. This is a unique opportunity for a business banking professional who is ready to add a different sense of purpose and calling to their work.
“Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.” - 1 Peter 4:10 NIV
"The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it..." - Psalm 24:1 NIV
- Manages a diverse business banking portfolio of up to $25M with complex lending needs, including small business, agricultural, churches and not-for-profit organizations.
- Structures and grants commercial or agricultural loans, mortgages and operating lines of credit for business purposes through sound and consistent analysis and underwriting practices.
- Builds relationships and participates in business development activities with existing clients, and networks with external business organizations and individuals to generate referrals.
- Analyzes business financials and personal net worth statements, calculates debt servicing capacity and negotiates terms and conditions of loans. Completes annual review of risk and profitability of member connections; monitors problem accounts and executes actions to mitigate risk.
- Conducts compliance reviews and follow up to ensure overall regulatory compliance of business loans in accordance with sound business practice, legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Skills and attributes:
- Demonstrates Christian character including a desire to promote biblical financial stewardship.
- Possesses Christian Credit Union core values of humble, hungry and people smart.
- Expert knowledge of the business practices, legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures relating to business banking; experience within the credit union system is an asset.
- Solutions orientated with strong attention to detail, strong analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Demonstrates relationship building and sales proficiency.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision; managing multiple tasks effectively and efficiently to achieve results.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and demonstrates strong computer literacy.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with preference given to a B. Commerce or B. Science in Agriculture or equivalent experience
- 1 - 3 years Commercial lending experience is an asset
- Minimum 5 years banking, accounting or finance experience
A competitive salary commensurate with experience along with benefits package, deposit and loan program and education programs are all reasons to consider Christian Credit Union for your career.
Closing Date: October 25, 2021
We encourage all interested to apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to:
Cheryl Mason, Director People & Culture