Service That Exceeds Member Expectations
By Pete Peters - Director, Member Experience
As I reflect on how 2020 has unfolded and anticipate what is yet to come, I am so thankful to God for His unchanging love and protection. It is now just over a year that I have been with the Christian Credit Union team and I have had the privilege of meeting so many great people along the way. Perhaps we have met and if we haven’t I would love the opportunity to do so. One of my goals in the first year was to spend quality time with my team, colleagues, our members, the Board and our community. I wanted to understand what everyone values and expects from Christian Credit Union and why they choose to bank with us.
A consistent message that I heard is that you appreciate the personal service, genuine relationships, and promotion of Christian values along with the competitive products and services. It is also important that we support the local Christian community by giving back to various organizations. For some members, Christian Credit Union was their first bank account - opened by their parents or through the school they attended. Others joined in recent years when the bond was expanded to serve the broader Christian community. Regardless of how and when you became a member, we are thankful for your support and commitment to building His kingdom.
The financial services industry is competitive and other banks and credit unions also want to provide exceptional service to our members and potential members. The products we offer are not unique to the marketplace. Christian Credit Union, however, is unique in its values and purpose for existing. Our Vision is “To be the recognized leader in applying Christian values to financial services.” As our mission states “We encourage people to be good stewards of the financial resources God has given to them," you might ask yourself “how do we do this?” The answer to that question is found in the Bible. The 5 biblical principles that we live by and encourage our members to follow are:
- Set long-term goals -Phil. 3:14
- Give generously -2 Cor. 8:1-15, Acts 20:35
- Avoid the use of debt -Prov. 22:7
- Maintain an emergency fund -Prov. 6:6-8
- Spend less than you earn -Prov. 10:4, Heb. 13:5
We strive to consistently live out our vision and mission statements with a service experience that exceeds member expectations. The question is, “how can we make sure that we deliver service that exceeds members’ expectations every time and at every available opportunity?” One of the answers to this question is service standards. In July, we rolled out new standards that our staff members will be striving to achieve and exceed.
Some of the reasons Christian Credit Union has introduced service standards are:
- We value every person as made in His image and serve you keeping in mind the fruit of the Spirit: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-Control;
- Professional and personalized service overcomes certain disadvantages of the credit union and reduces the importance of the advantages held by competitors;
- To improve the member experience and professionalism at every available opportunity;
- We understand that each member and team member is a credit union’s most reliable and significant promoter;
- Member satisfaction facilitates loyalty, trust and repeated use of services while positive feedback and recommendations given to other people facilitate the flow of new members;
- Member experience feedback from others not only creates an impression about the credit union, it also affects their decision while making a choice between products and services of competing financial institutions;
- Costly marketing and sales activities lose their yield and potential once the member or potential member comes across negative feedback or has a negative experience himself/herself;
- By meeting and exceeding the service standards, team members not only improve the quality of member experience but also become an effective sales team.
We look forward to serving our members and the Christian community as we get closer to the fall and perhaps experience a new normal. We value your business and the relationships that have we have formed over the years and look forward to building upon those foundations. We are also excited to see what God has in store for Christian Credit Union as we put our trust in Him.
“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace” - Numbers 6:24-26
Tuesday | September 15, 03:12 PM