The fast, secure way to send, request and receive money*
Interac e-Transfer is a convenient way to send, request and receive money directly from one bank account to another. All you need is access to online or mobile banking through a participating financial institution, and you can send or request money to anyone with an email address or mobile phone number and a bank account in Canada — without sharing any personal financial information*.
Send Money directly from one bank account to another
The Autodeposit feature allows you to have money sent via Interac e-Transfer automatically deposited directly into your bank account, without having to answer a security question. The Autodeposit feature continues to provide the value of Interac e-Transfer, without the need to share financial information.
For senders, there is added convenience of not needing to convey security answers while continuing to have the security of knowing who is receiving the funds, prior to sending.
Set-up is simple:
- Log into internet banking or the mobile app and navigate to Autodeposit, found in the Interac e-Transfer settings.
- Register your e-mail address and link your account. Any transfers to the registered email address will be automatically deposited into the account.
- You will receive an email to confirm your registration. Check your inbox and click "Complete Registration".
Easily request money you are owed with the Interac e-Transfer Request Money feature. When you send a request for money, the recipient is notified instantly and can accept the request. If accepted, the requested amount will be automatically deposited into your account and you will be notified when funds are available.
How to use:
- Log into internet banking or the mobile app and navigate to Interac e-Transfer Request Money.
- Add or select a contact and fill out the name and e-mail address or mobile phone number of the person you wish to send the request to.
- Type in the specified amount you are requesting and select the account you would like the funds to be deposited into. You can also include a personalized message with the request.
- Once the recipient has fulfilled your request, funds will immediately be deposited into your account and you will be notified immediately.
Send money using Interac e-Transfer to simplify everyday payments and a great alternative to cheques and cash.
Send money today:
- Log into internet banking or the mobile app and navigate to Interac e-Transfer Send Money.
- Select the account you would like funds transferred from.
- Add or select a contact and fill out the name and e-mail address or mobile phone number of the person you wish to send money to.
- Type in the specified amount you are sending, along with a personalized message. Enter a security question and answer if the recipient doesn’t have the Autodeposit feature turned on and complete the transfer.
- The recipient will receive a notification and can deposit the funds to their account through their online or mobile banking.